Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sparring Bucks

Doesn't look like the bucks that were hanging out together last month are quite as friendly to each other now. These two small bucks are trying each other out to see who the strongest. I'm not sure about the hind quarter on one of the bucks. At first I thought the hair was just messed up but the more I look at it there appears to have been something wrong. The hair on both sides at the bottom of the ham is messed up. Whatever it is doesn't appear to be bothering him. I'm guessing he might have gotten caught in a fence or something.


On a side note my posting and commenting is going to the pretty erratic for the next month. Muzzleloader and Rifle season is in most of the month of November in Virginia and I only have to work five days all month :) :). Most of my daylight hours are going to be spent hunting and helping my buddy with farm chores so he can get some hunting time in and most nights I'm going to be back at the cabin we built on the mountain side of the farm.



















12 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

Ouch! Headaches AND banged up hindquarters.

Sounds like you're pretty much going to be in heaven for the month of November. Hunting and farming in the great outdoors w/ only 5 days of work?! Who could ask for more?!

Just be careful, and good hunting! We'll miss your posts (and comments too if you're too busy shooting something to visit!)

TexWisGirl said...

P.S. I hope your wife enjoys her hubby-free time in the next month too! :)

heyBJK said...

Cool photos as usual, Joe! That's nice of you to help your friend so he can get some time in the woods. Good luck to both of you! Hope you bring home the backstraps!

Rachel said...

Good luck on gun season. My son hasn't been lucky in bow season and we're hoping his luck will change. :)

Anonymous said...

Interesting pictures, Joe. Your right it does look like the one buck has had his hind side somewhere where he shouldn't have. Here is too a great November and hope you have some success out hunting.

Liesl said...

Those bucks sure are having a good scuffle going on there, I think you have hit the jackpot as far as work is concerned for November! Enjoy your hunting!

Joe said...

texwisgirl - It's pretty close to heaven and the wife enjoys it as much as I do :).

heyBJK - Thanks. My buddy has it down to minimum in November. Mostly just the required feeding and any problems that come up.

Rachel - Thanks and good luck to your son.

Mel - Thanks.

Liesl - Yes I have. Now if I can just figure out how the get off those pesky five remaining days :). LOL!!

Trey - Thanks.

Nancy said...

That one buck -- almost looks like he got shot there, but can't really tell.

Have fun this month, Joe. Being a hunter's widow does have some benefits. :) Bring home a big one -- we'll miss you, but will look forward to seeing pictures of your harvest.

Michelle said...

Nice shot of those bucks. Good luck with your hunting.

Coppertop said...

Great shots, Joe! Boo! Hoo! I am only getting coons on mine of late - fat coons at that! Have a safe and enjoyable hunting season.

Anonymous said...

I love how clear your pictures are! My daughter-in-law asked me the other day what did I want for Christmas. Well...on material things a wildlife camera, of course.

We saw the biggest buck(ever) in the pasture behind the house last weekend. He had a huge rack. He just kept running and smelling the ground like a hound dog. Finally he jump the fence and that was the last we saw of him. As many deer hunters as there are around here, I imagine some one was soon shooting at the big fellow.

Good luck with your hunting and farm chores.
Have a great day.
Pam

Inger said...

Great pictures, Joe.