Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Scamper Rats

You know it was a slow camera trapping week when I'm posting TexWisGirl's favorite critter.....scamper rats as she likes to call them. Not much action again last week. We had a wild temperature swing with highs in the upper 20's on Tuesday and then low 60's by Friday. But as always hope springs eternal as I hope for better luck this week. Some of my fellow trappers say they're experiencing the same winter slowdown as far as getting pics.

I'll apologize now for not being a good follower the next four or five weeks. I began replacing an old binding line at work last week with a "newer" used line. Unfortunately this involves getting a half dozen different pieces of used equipment to take the pages of a book, put them together, and come out the end of the line in boxes on a skid ready to load on a truck. Getting all of the equipment to play well together is something like trying to herd cats through a dog kennel. So I'm going to have my hands full over the next month or so.





9 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i began reading the first line and started busting out laughing!!! then saw the pictures and laughed again! thanks for that, joe!!!

i know you do trail cams, but i'd love to see that assembly line work you've got going on! sounds really interesting!!! book binding? cool! almost as cool as scamper rats!

Reena said...

LOL ... yeh, I know we all call them that but they still are cute! Good look with the work ... and agree with T, show us that assembly line!

Michelle said...

I love these cute rats! lol Good luck at work!

Dar said...

Those scamper rats sure can haul away a lot of seed and corn. No wonder they're so pudgy.
I was enjoying the captures you get on your trail cameras. It sure can be a challenge sometimes, which is why I take advantage of any fresh carcass that happens about. Set up a camera there, and you never know what you will see...thanks for stopping by and enjoying the Bob the Bobcat and the Bald Eagles...they are so cool!!!! I always ask the guys to put some scraps close to the barn so I can see the wildlife out my kitchen window...one of the perks of this fine country living. So, whether a squirrel or big cat, mouse or wolf, all is good at the end of the lens.

And Yes, show us that binding you're up to...how interesting.
BlessYourHeart

黄清华 Wong Ching Wah said...

I wish for a temperature of low 60s! Busy is good !

Brian King said...

Tree rats always make me laugh, except when I'm deer hunting and they want to bark non-stop. Hope your work goes smoothly, Joe.

Michaele said...

You must have made TexWis's day : )
Take all the time you need and good luck. We aren't going anywhere.

KB said...

I think that it's bad luck time of year for us camera trappers. I was ecstatic to get a coyote on my cam! Now, that's stooping as low as "scamper rats" :)

I visited my bear den today for the first time in a year. No resident bear. Dang. It's so much fun when someone occupies it for the winter...

LB @ Bullets And Biscuits said...

Great pics of the tree rats! Good luck at work. I remember those days when our binding maachines would go kaput. I can't imagine taking it apart adn replacing it. YUCK!