Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Does

Got some nice pics of does last week. Most of the does in my area group up in groups of anywhere from four to ten or more does this time of year. The first group is from the mountain pond set and the last four from the new set next to the sanctuary woodlot. Oh, did I mention the raccoons have also found my new set?? As you can see the deer don't seem to be too pleased with that.

A couple of you ask about seeing the bindery line I'm working in the last post. I'd love to but that is a big company no, no. The company I work for is notorious for keeping our trade secrets secret.








11 comments:

Sandy said...

I love raccoons, they are so curious. I finally bought my first trail cam! I did it mostly because I had reason to believe a mountain lion was hanging out on my observation deck hunting at night and I wanted to get some pictures of him/her. Of course he hasn't been back since I set up the camera (just 2 days ago). I got an inexpensive one for now and may upgrade later. Thanks for the inspiration!

Michelle said...

Nice pics of the ladies, but I do always like to see the raccoons.

Liesl said...

Love the pic of the stomping doe and raccoon. A lot of good that stomping is going to do her!

Brian King said...

It's nice to see the does out and about and they appear to be healthy and doing well.

KB said...

In the third photo, two does are staring at each other, one with ears back and the other with ears perked forward. I wonder what they were saying to each other?

I'm sure that the deer wish that the raccoons would get lost!

Our forest continues to be "shut down"... I haven't seen it so difficult to travel in many years. I don't blame the animals for leaving.

Ruta said...

These are all great but I love the last one!

Alyssa Johnson said...

Nice lookin' ladies! I love the 'coons too. Do you bait at all? I haven't gotten a raccoon in MONTHS! And I've never seen such large groups as you show in your pictures!

Reena said...

Love that raccoon and deer pic ... like "what the heck are you doing here raccoon!"

Larry Ostby said...

Stripe-tails and whitetails, nice.

Inger said...

All the pictures are just great, but that last one is priceless. Was she stomping her displeasure, I wonder.

Tammy said...

I always find it interesting to see different species hanging out together. It my backyard it's usually birds and squirrels feeding side by side:)