Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A Little Snow

We got a little snow last week that hung around for a couple of days. That aways seems to bring out the wildlife. This group of does and a button buck are checking out an apple favored mineral block I set out. The button buck is the one in the fifth picture looking at the camera. The apple favored blocks seem to be the favorite in my area. I've tried several different ones but the apple gets to most attention.

I set a camera along a small creek that runs through the farm Sunday. Hopefully next week I'll have some muskrat or what I'd really like to get a picture of...a mink. Hope everyone is having a great week. I'm still pretty much covered up with my project at work and got two more added to it. So I'm in for a busy Spring and Summer.










12 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

these scenes are just beautiful. that little bit of snow just offsets those deer so well!

hang in there at work! job security is a good thing! :)

Michelle said...

Busy is good! Just keep moving forward...my dad always tells me that!

Rohrerbot said...

Great shots of the deer! I'd love to have a camera like around our place.

Larry Ostby said...

Nice shots of the deer Joe. We lost our inch of snow already and sounds like we are in for a couple of wet days ahead.

KB said...

Love the deer! I saw a herd of six on my evening walk today so they're alive and well around here. I just don't get to see them as much as you do!

This really is the "camera trapping blues" time of year around here.

Lindsjö taxar said...

Thanks for stopping by. Love your field camera shoots!! Could quality on the camera. Very interesteing to see your wild animals over there. We bought one too but still no animals on it. We have moose, roes, wild boars, fox and hare.
On saturday we will go out for hunting on moose calves and wild boars with dogs.

Brian King said...

That's about the same amount of snow we've had so far this winter. A far cry from last winter.

I hope you get a mink or muskrat. I'd like to see those.

Ola said...

at least looking for food this winter is not so difficult:)

Trailblazer said...

Snow camera trap pics are the best!

Nice ones, Joe....

Michaele said...

Nice little gathering area. I hope you do get a mink. I would love to see one.

Nancy said...

Nice group of deer, Joe.

Tanya Breese said...

so you're hogging all the snow over there! it's been a crazy winter hasn't it? enjoy the business!