Sunday, June 30, 2013

Growing Like Weeds


 It has always amazed me how quickly the fawns grow. My Grandma always referred to it as  "growing like weeds'.

I'm also still fighting the ants. I thought they were only in the battery compartment but they managed to get in the main part of the camera also. So I have it in my shop torn completely down and ant free at the moment. Going to leave it apart a couple of days the be sure none are hiding anywhere. My wife just thinks I'm angling for a new camera :).







13 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

SWEET babies! love the family in the green!

i like your 'distressed' camera ploy. :)

Long Ridge Deer Camp said...

Nice fawn pictures Joe, I have none up North here so far. You guys are way ahead of us. It's true though...they have to grow fast, or they don't make it...

Martie said...

My fawns are growing up fast as well. Almost as big as their mothers already!

Michelle said...

Nice to see the family together.

Brian King said...

Wow, they are getting big! We've had some ant issues here ourselves.

Trailblazer said...

Beauty!

troutbirder said...

Sweet! Is that the same crow that harrassed the hawk?

Bonnie K said...

Last year we had two sets of twins and two other individual fawns. It was so fun watching them grow up. This year we haven't had an ear, much less a deer. You got some great photos. Good luck with the ants.

Mina Gouldsamadiner said...

Wonderful kids.
Great to get them so close and have photographed them as well.
But the ants in the camera, I have never heard of ;))
Hope you get rid of them.
//Kicki

Nancy said...

No ants here (yet). Sweet little fawns.

KB said...

Wow. Beautiful! I just caught my first fawn photo here the other day. I think the fawns around here are born later than yours!

My Unfinished Life said...

deers in wild are so different from the scared ones i see in the zoo

http://www.myunfinishedlife.com

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Nice captures- we have issues with fire ants here- they get into everything!