Tuesday, December 10, 2013

If You're Mad Said You're Mad

     I'm mad! We had a power outage last Thursday evening and it killed my PC. I've troubleshot it down to the motherboard being bad. O.K. time for a new PC. Not going to chance buying a new motherboard and having something else fail next month. The new PC started up great with Windows 8. I have all of my files backed up so that's not a big deal. So let's download all of the software back onto the new PC. What the hell??? Two year old software is not compatible with Windows 8??? O.K. some is a little older than that but really. So I start checking on what I need to do to get things compatible. Guess what! Everyone wants me to spend more money with them to "upgrade" the software I already bought from them. @^%#$@#!!! Office now wants me to pay an annual fee to get Office 2013 apps. What happened to supporting your loyal customers?? I know I'm getting old but I am an Electrical Engineer and I deal with rapidly changing technology every day. I just don't think I should have to pay some company more money because they're too cheap to make patches FOR FREE to keep their software that is less than 5 years old compatible with the next version of Windows. I've got hardware and software I designed 10 years ago that I can still make work with the latest software. O.K. my rant is over. The weather has been too bad to check my cameras so no pics either. I guess pics are still compatible with something ;). But who knows. Hell, I'm still mad :)!

3 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

oh, thanks for the big warning on win.8. i've heard folks complain about the learning curve on it, but the software compatibility would be a real bummer. you're allowed to be ticked off. sorry, joe!

Lindsjö taxar said...

I understand you...would I have been too....
Looking forward to next post with Pictures.
Majsan/

KB said...

What a frustration! I think that we all feel the same way about software...

I'm so glad that you had everything backed up.