Sunday, September 15, 2013

They're Stalking Me

     I swear the three triple cubs are stalking me. If you look back in August you'll remember the fun they had with my dripper set. This time I set up a camera on an old stump to test out some predator lure and who shows up the next day...momma and the three hellions. I had used some plastic lure capsules to put the lure in and stuck one in a crack on top of the stump and the other I stuck in the ground in a hole under the stump covering each one what some wool. Well, the crew made short work of these. They chewed them up and left them beside the stump for me. @#%$@#$ bears.
     On a bright note I've been helping my farmer buddy chopping his corn the last couple of weeks and we've found surprisingly little bear damage to the corn this year. With all the bear pics I'd gotten this summer we figured there would be a lot of damage this year.
























The only pics I got of anything remotely close the a furbearing predator I had hoped for was this possum.



7 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i'm just laughing! so stinking cute! you're happy to get a pic of anything besides the bears... :)

Linda said...

Great bear pics! There seem to be a lot of bears around this year. Sadly, I saw one that was a victim of a vehicle collision in Maurertown last week.

Camera Trap Codger said...

There's a good chance Mom will pop a new litter on you next spring. Those guys look like 2nd year cubs, right?

Camera Trap Codger said...

You are right. They are first year. I just bumped into the cubs I posted on earlier this year, and my, they have grown. I guess there will be no cubs from your sow bear next year.

Ercotravels said...

Thanks for the visit :)
Nice pics
Regards

Michaele said...

Hellions is right!

Fjällripan said...

So nice to have so many different visitors at your feedeingplace :))