Sunday, February 12, 2012

Bucks and Red Foxes

Finally got out to check my cameras. It was cold and windy here today but bright sunshine made for a nice day in the fields and woods. Got a couple of young bucks at the power line. They're still holding on to their antlers. Like I said last year the bucks in my area seem to shed their antlers later than in many places. A few will still have them near the end of February. The two red foxes are on a camera that is failing on me. I noticed that 95% of the night pics were black a couple of weeks ago. I was lucky to get the night pic of the fox. The good news is I got a new Covert Reveal to replace it. So I'm looking forward to seeing what I get on it next week.  My camera set along the creek hasn't worked out well. I changed the angle in hopes that is the problem.







12 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

nice to see the fox! glad you were able to get out again this weekend!

Michelle said...

I always like to see a fox!

Rohrerbot said...

Most excellent shots!

Brian King said...

I'm surprised your bucks still have their antlers. Ours have already lost theirs by now.

Michaele said...

So glad to hear you got to spend your Sunday out in the woods. The deer look so healthy and I just love seeing a fox. They are so sneaky and smart, I seldom get to see one.

Liesl said...

It always amazes me how well fed those deer look in the dead of winter. That red fox is absolutely beautiful! I hope your camera in the creek will give you some nice pics set at the new angle.

Lindsjö taxar said...

Great pictures! We put out our on a new stand where we feed the roes.

Ola said...

and even a fox!

Ruta said...

Those young bucks look good and healthy and I love to see a fox!

Reena said...

Love seeing the fox ... a while back while on a brisk walk, a fox ran off in the distance. And no camera in hand. Ugh!

KB said...

I love the red foxes. Ours are pairing up right now... so visions of fox pups are dancing through my head.

I think that our deer hold onto their antlers even longer than yours... Nice photos.

Alyssa Johnson said...

Is that last RF eating something??