Sunday, November 27, 2011

Back In Civilization

I'm baaack :)! Back where I have to mind my manners...say please and thank you and no belching at the table. Bathing regularly....O.K. I'll admit I have to have a shower at least every other day or I go crazy.

I had an O.K. hunting season so far. We killed a couple of nice buck. I had to settle for a 7 point cull buck. He had a tall spindly rack. Not nearly the type rack a deer of his size and age should have. It did dress out at 155 lbs. so I got a good start on filling the freezer. Just didn't see many shooter bucks this year but still enjoyed the time in the woods and at the cabin.

I pulled two of my cameras before hunting season started so I only have two cameras out. Didn't get a whole lot the last couple of weeks. Below are some I liked from earlier this month and last month. The first three are from the day after the early October snow we got. I liked the background colors in them. And the last three are a reminder that I'm hunting on a working farm. My farmer buddy cleaned out his manure pit the week before the season started. Luckily my camera was in the corner of the field at the gate and didn't get sprayed. Remember the dates are off on this camera as the display has gone bad and I can't chnage anything.

Back to work tomorrow and a normal schedule. Got a couple of more hunting days scheduled and hope to get back to Maryland fishing again before the season goes out up there. Going to try to catch up on all the blogs I regularly follow. I'm sure I've missed some interesting posts.







13 comments:

Michelle said...

I also really like the background colors from these shots. Very nice. My son did get a doe with his bow, but has not had any luck yet with his rifle....

TexWisGirl said...

LOL! that's some manure spreader!!! i was expecting a tractor and a simple pull-behind! ha!!!

LOVE the first photos for the fall color and snow! so pretty!

glad you got a buck! and glad your wife let you back into the house again! nice to see you back in Blogland! we missed you!!!

Liesl said...

Hey Joe,glad you had a great time away and so good to have you back again! Lovely snowy pics and loved the manure spreader, he sure will get stuck for the longest time in our fields at this time of year!!

Ola said...

Nice to see you here again and see a collection of pictures from the change of seasons:)

bigcatdetective said...

That,s a big piece of kit the muck spreader,very interesting to see.Love the scenery........

Trailblazer said...

Glad to have you back Joe!

I agree with others...the colors on those first shots are incredible! The snow always looks nice in trail cam pics....

trump said...

Im not into hunting but i do enjoy looking at your images. Richard

Brian King said...

Congratulations on your buck, Joe! Even a "cull" buck is venison and venison = good!

Reena said...

Whoa .. not what I expected to be spreading manure! You're right, the background is quite pretty with the fall colors. Welcome back!

LB @ Bullets And Biscuits said...

Congrats on the buck and the start of filling the freezer up! And welcome back. We have another season or two before we wrap up our deer season. We hope to get another one or two ourselves. Good luck with the fishing!

Hey! Do I smell poop? ;)

Michaele said...

I wondered where you had been for so long. Pretty funny about getting flying manure shots : ) That's a lot of meat already.

Dawn said...

Hahahahha....Oh! I loved those first few shots...they looked almost surreal...and then! Then reality hit;)

黄清华 Wong Ching Wah said...

Definitely a huge contrast, so different in two seasons !!! the pots of snow looks great !